Here they are for all to enjoy!
Mustard Chicken Crepes with
Caramelized Onions and Spinach
Other Ingredients not listed in the recipes:
- Gruyere Cheese
- Fresh or frozen spinach to saute
Whole Wheat Dinner Crepes
- 3/4C whole wheat flour (buckwheat is traditional)
- 1/4C white flour
- 1 egg
- 1C milk
- 1C water
- Beat the egg in a medium mixing bowl. Add the flours, then the liquids, whisking to remove all the lumps (a blender is awesome here). Refrigerate at least 2 hours, but overnight is best.
- To Cook - Have all your fillings hot and ready. Whisk crepe batter before using.
- Heat a 12" skillet over medium heat. Rub the end of a stick of butter over the skillet, then wipe with a paper towel. Pour enough batter into the skillet, while swirling, to coat the bottom.
- Cook the first side until golden, then carefully flip. When both sides are done, slide onto a plate, fill, fold and enjoy!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2C butter
- 1 shallot, chopped (or 1 onion)
- 1/2C chardonnay (or vermouth)
- 1/2C chicken broth
- 2T dijon mustard
- 2T stone ground mustard (I usually end up doubling both the mustards)
- 1/4C lemon juice
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and saute the chicken until browned. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Stir the shallot into remaining butter and saute until tender. Mix in chardonnay, chicken broth and mustards.
- Return chicken to skillet, stir well, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Mix in lemon juice just before serving. Keep hot.
- I usually make this in my crepe skillet a couple of hours early, then transfer to another pot to re-heat just before serving.
- 3 onions, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2T butter
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions and saute until they begin to stick and burn - about 10-15 minutes.
- Deglaze with some chardonnay and continue to saute until they are wilted and browned - about 20-25 minutes total. Keep warm.
- Have all ingredients prepared and hot. Prepare crepes. As each one is completed, place on a warm plate.
- Place about 1/2C chicken down the center of the crepe. Spread spinach along the chicken, sprinkle with a good amount of shredded Gruyere, then fold the 2 sides up over the middle - press briefly to melt the cheese and make the sides stick.
- Place a line of caramelized onions cross-wise on top, and serve.